You’re finally traveling to your dream destination. You want to experience living like the locals and what better way to do this than staying at a vacation rental homes ? The concept of vacation rentals started in Europe, but now you’ll find this form of accommodation anywhere in the world. From big cities to islands and remote beaches, vacation rentals have been constructed to give guests the ultimate local experience.
But keep the following tips in mind before booking a vacation rental home.
- One of the most compelling reasons why people choose vacation rentals is that they are cheaper than hotel rooms. That’s why you
need to compare the cost of the rental home to a hotel room before making a decision. The prices should differ even if both are of the same quality and located in the same area.
- Make sure you request for references and check with them before booking the vacation rental home. Also find out if they have repeat visitors (those who have traveled to the area and used the rental homes more than once).
- Don’t be so excited to find that perfect vacation rental home that you forget to read the whole contract. The contract will contain information you can easily overlook like the payment schedule and your liability in the event of damage so make sure you go through it and understand.
- In case you are unclear about what is stipulated in the contract, have a competent attorney go through the document and review it on your behalf. This may mean you’ll spend a few hundred dollars for the service, but it may protect you from expensive mistakes and give you the peace of mind so that you can fully enjoy your vacation.
- You can always negotiate the cost of a vacation rental home. If you are traveling during an off peak season, you’ll probably find many properties that haven’t been booked. Take this opportunity to negotiate on the deposit, monthly or weekly rent among other charges.
- Before making a deposit, make sure you confirm how it will be refunded by the property owner. Know the conditions that you must meet in order to get the deposit back.
- Make sure you find out how the vacation rental home organizes for housekeeping and other cleaning services which usually come at an extra cost. Ask for the housekeeping schedule and costs so that you can prepare beforehand.
- If there are some damages in the home, take note of them from day one. You can take photographs or video tape the areas so that you don’t get in trouble for them later on.
- Get contacts of the property owner and the people in charge of maintenance and repairs so that you don’t get stuck when a problem like a burst pipe occurs.
- Most importantly, go through the whole contract with the owner and ask any pressing questions you might have. Get more information about the security, supplies you’ll need to buy among other concerns.
Hey Guys I am Daniel Johnson, providing top luxury vacation rental home, properties to a selection of destinations including Italy, Spain, Portugal, Indonesia and more other countries in reasonable price. Here owners can directly publish our vacation rental properties. For more information please contact @firstname.lastname@example.org